Dolores Gebhardt is a member of our Appellate Practice, Collaborative Law and Matrimonial & Family Law groups. After over fifteen years of practice in such diverse areas as labor and employment, employee safety and health, environmental, fair housing and real estate law, Dolores concentrates her practice in matrimonial and family law, collaborative divorce, civil appeals and general litigation.
Dolores’s work in the matrimonial law field includes negotiating prenuptial, postnuptial and separation agreements, contested divorce action, domestic violence, enforcement action, child custody proceedings (including child relocation disputes), same-sex partnerships and appeals. Dolores also is a trained mediator and collaborative divorce attorney.
Dolores has also been recognized as a New York Super Lawyer since 2012.
Click at news for items of news for Dolores published on our web site.
Areas of Experience
- Advice on and preparation of Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements.
- Preparation of all documents incident to an action for divorce, child custody (including child relocation disputes) and related matters.
- Advice and negotiations regarding prospective settlements of contested matters.
- Separation Agreements, Stipulations of Settlement and Uncontested Default Divorces.
- Property distributions, maintenance and child support.
- Litigating all aspects of Family Court Proceedings and Divorce Actions, including Orders of Protection, Paternity Disputes, Temporary Support Awards, Restraining Orders, Domestic Violence issues, Exclusive Occupancy of the Marital Residence, Maintenance, Child Support, Equitable Distribution of Marital Property and Establishing Separate Property Claims.
- Obtaining counsel fee awards.
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions, including collaborative law, mediation & arbitration and fee dispute arbitration.
- Collaborative Divorce, including use of the interdisciplinary model.
- Civil appeals.
Significant Matters & Cases
Dolores has litigated or settled many different types of cases in many different courts. Click at representative matters for a description of some of her work. Click at client testimonials to see what our client say about our Matrimonial & Family Law attorneys.
Journals, Publications & Outlines
Dolores has been published in numerous professional journals and prepared and submitted numerous outlines for use at continuing legal education programs of one or more bar association. Click at publications and outlines for a description of some of these written materials.
Professional & Community Involvement
- New York State Bar Association, Sustaining Member; Family Law Section; Member, Women in the Law Section, 2018 - present; Member, Committee on the Civil Practice Law and Rules, 2016 - present.
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York (Director, 2011-2015; Co-Chair, Matrimonial and Family Law Committee, 2014 - present.
- Westchester Women's Bar Association -President, 2010–2011; Treasurer, 2009–2010; Vice President, 2006-2009; Co-Chair, Programs Committee, 2003 – 2010 and 2011-2014; Co-Chair, Annual Dinner, 2009 and 2010; Co-Chair, Matrimonial Law Committee, 2013-present; Co-chair, Holiday Party Committee, 2014, 2015; Member, Gender Fairness Committee – responsible for fundraising for annual essay competition awards, 2008 – present; Sustaining Member; Member, WWBA Foundation.
- Westchester County Bar Association – Vice President, 2019 - present; Secretary - 2017-2019; Director Representative for the WWBA to the Board of Directors, 2015-2017; Member, Family Law Section Board of Directors, 2018 – present; Member, Appellate Practice Committee; Member, Cannabis Committee.
- White Plains Bar Association - Immediate Past President, 2015 – 2016; President, 2014-2015; Treasurer, 2012 -2014; Secretary, 2011-2012; Member, Board of Directors, 2003-2016.
- New York City Bar Association – Member, 1987 - present.
- New York Association of Collaborative Professionals – Member, 2007 - present.
- Ninth Judicial District Committee to Promote Gender Fairness in the Courts – Member and judge of the annual essay competition for high school students, 2008 - present; fundraiser for Committee, 2010 – present.
- Committee for Judicial Restoration of Parent Education – Member of group of matrimonial practitioners, judges, and educators headed by the Hon. Sondra M. Miller and the Hon. Jacqueline Silbermann that successfully modified 22NYCRR § 144 to make parent education mandatory in contested custody proceedings in the State of New York, 2017-present.
- Post-Miller Commission Committee for Change – Member of group of matrimonial attorneys headed by the Hon. Sondra M. Miller that successfully lobbied for the enactment of no-fault divorce in New York, 2007 - 2010.
- Association for Children with Down Syndrome (ACDS) – Member, Advisory Board, 2017 – present.
- Cornell University Alumni Ambassadors Network – Attends college fairs on behalf of the University, meets with applicants to Cornell University, and makes reports to Admissions, 2006 - present.
- Member, Eastchester Creative Arts Council – a parents’ committee dedicated to the furtherance of public school education in the performing and fine arts.
- Volunteer, Eastchester High School Players Club, 2010 – present.
- Spinning© Instructor, New York Sports Club. 2018-present.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
If you think you may require the assistance of Dolores Gebhardt in any matter, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone her (914-385-1016) with any question you may have.