Dolores Gebhardt is a member of our Appellate Practice, Business Litigation, Collaborative Law and Matrimonial & Family Law groups. After over fifteen years of practice in such diverse areas as labor and employment, employee safety and health, environmental, fair housing and real estate law, Dolores concentrates her practice in matrimonial and family law, collaborative divorce, civil appeals and general litigation.
Dolores’s work in the matrimonial law field includes negotiating prenuptial and separation agreements, as well as contested divorce, domestic violence, enforcement, child custody proceedings (including child relocation disputes), same-sex partnerships and appeals. Dolores also is a trained mediator and collaborative divorce attorney.
Dolores has also been recognized as a New York Super Lawyer in the areas of Family Law/Collaborative/Appellate.
Click at news for items of news for Dolores published on our web site.
Areas of Experience
- Advice on and preparation of Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements;
- Preparation of all documents incident to an action for divorce, child custody (including child relocation disputes) and related matters;
- Advice and negotiations regarding prospective settlements of contested matters, including counseling the client on tax consequences of any settlement, for which the attorneys in our Taxation group are available to offer assistance.
- Separation Agreements, Stipulations of Settlement and Uncontested Default Divorces for clients at all income and asset levels.
- Property distributions, maintenance and child support.
- Litigating all aspects of Family Court Proceedings and Divorce Actions, including Orders of Protection, Paternity Disputes, Temporary Support Awards, Restraining Orders, Domestic Violence issues, Exclusive Occupancy of the Marital Residence, Maintenance, Child Support, Equitable Distribution of Marital Property and Establishing Separate Property Claims.
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions, including collaborative law, mediation & arbitration and fee dispute arbitration.
- Collaborative Divorce, including use of the interdisciplinary model.
- Civil appeals.
Significant Matters & Cases
Dolores has litigated or settled many different types of cases in many different courts. Click at representative matters for a description of some of her work. Click at client testimonials to see what our client say about our Matrimonial & Family Law attorneys.
Journals, Publications & Outlines
Dolores has been published in numerous professional journals and prepared and submitted numerous outlines for use at continuing legal education programs of one or more bar association. Click at publications and outlines for a description of some of these written materials.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, New York State Bar Association (Committee on Courts of Appellate Jurisdiction) [Member, Family Law Section]
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Westchester County Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- Member, Westchester Women's Bar Association (President, 2010-2011; Co-Chair, Matrimonial Law Committee; Co-Chair, Holiday Party)
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York (Member; Director [2011- ; Co-Chair, Matrimonial Law Committee)
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
If you think you may require the assistance of Dolores Gebhardt in any matter, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone her (914-385-1016) with any question you may have.