Kristen Mackay Pennessi is a member of our Matrimonial & Family Law and Collaborative Law groups, and our Mediation & Arbitration Practice Group. Kristen has experience in many areas, including, but not limited to, litigation, mediation and settlement of different types of matrimonial and family law disputes. As part of her work, Kristen has been involved in all aspects of negotiations, settlements and trials on actions or proceedings for divorce, child custody (including child relocation disputes) and related matters.
Areas of Experience
- Advice on and preparation of Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements;
- Preparation of all documents incident to an action for divorce, child custody (including child relocation disputes) and related matters;
- Advice and negotiations regarding prospective settlements of contested matters, including counseling the client on tax consequences of any settlement, for which the attorneys in our Taxation group are available to offer assistance.
- Separation Agreements, Stipulations of Settlement and Uncontested Default Divorces for clients at all income and asset levels.
- Property distributions, maintenance and child support.
- Litigating all aspects of Family Court Proceedings and Divorce Actions, including Orders of Protection, Paternity Disputes, Temporary Support Awards, Restraining Orders, Domestic Violence issues, Exclusive Occupancy of the Marital Residence, Maintenance, Child Support, Equitable Distribution of Marital Property and Establishing Separate Property Claims.
Professional & Community Involvement
Significant Matters & Cases
Kristen has litigated or settled many different types of cases in many different courts. Click at representative matters for a description of some of Kristen's work. Click at client testimonials to see what our client say about our Matrimonial & Family Law attorneys.
Journals & Publications
Kristen was the Submissions and Symposia Editor at the Pace International Law Review (2007-2008).
Admitted to Practice
If you think you may require the assistance of Kristen Mackay Pennessi in any matter, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone her (914-385-1033) with any question you may have.