The McCarthy Fingar Team
Our experienced Matrimonial & Family Law lawyers always provide clients with expert legal representation in court and wise counselling through the entire process. On this page, we set forth some of the things that our clients have told us about our work for them.
- "Kathleen [Donelli], Just wanted to thank you for everything through the years. I know you are a lawyer (and a great one); but first you are human. Since the first time I stepped into your office contemplating divorce, you have shown me nothing but kindness and empathy; even in the most trying of times. You have been generous with your time and your support and I am not sure you will ever know how much this has meant to me. You have been a source of strength and support through these difficult years. I do not know what the future brings, and I am realistic with the situation we are dealing with; but having you on my side makes all the difference in the world."
- "Dear Kathleen [Donelli] and Kristen [Pennessi], I want to thank you both so very much for your concern and professionalism during one of the most disturbing and emotional times of my life. Knowing that you were on my side made all of the difference...and made it possible for me to believe that, in the end, things would be ok. I also want to apologize for my outbursts and anger. Having represented clients for many years, I never really understood the emotional impact...until now. Kathleen...your straight forwardness was priceless and telling me to "take a deep breath" was right on point...and probably prevented several nightmare scenarios. Further, having to deal with opposing counsel such as the one in this case, must have been very trying, but you did it with grace and never stooped to that level. I am very thankful for that. Kristen, your brightness, calm presence and hard work on all of the documents always made me feel as though I was being heard and that you would leave no stone unturned. You have no idea how happy I am that you worked with me on this. With a personality like mine, working with you made a huge difference. I think you are both awesome, super bright, and truly caring women and I am so very thankful that you were on my side. You make a wonderful team!"
- "You are so amazing Kathleen Donelli; and I know you are a friend for life! Thank you for conducting your business with the utmost empathy and integrity. That is so meaningful and will always make you better than the rest."
- "[Kathleen Donelli], you are a fantastic woman and an inspiration to us all. We love you. I will always be grateful for you. You have given me a new road to follow and I will always try to make you proud."
- "I send my personal appreciation to you for your fine, attentive staff and for the extraordinarily competent, caring, and effective way you related with the client in our visit with Kathleen Donelli and Kristen Pennessi yesterday. I was moved by your clear focus and the ways you asked questions; showed your care through your eye contact and body language; constantly made sure the client knew her rights, the processes, and your interest in the client and her welfare throughout the meeting; communicated with dignity and respect; and through it all enabled the client to be more clearly communicative. . . . I wish I had had a video of the interview - it would make a great teaching tool for others in the helping professions not only to see how we all can most effectively relate with others, but also as one piece of evidence on how so completely connecting just might bring more healing and health to those we serve. Thank you for what you do and for how you carry out a significant part of your professional work."
- "Kathleen and Kristen. I am writing this email to express my admiration for the outstanding teamwork that was evident on Wednesday at the deposition. As I mentioned earlier, I have never had any experience with lawyers and the courts but from what I saw on Wednesday, I must say I was 'blown away' by your handling of the issues. Kathleen, you were amazingly astute and incisive in your questions and follow-ups. I felt you made my case as effectively as possible and no matter what the outcome, I feel that I have had outstanding professional support and consequently am comforted in this stressful situation. Thanks."
- "Someone reading this may be at a crossroad in their life. As I have had to navigate the dissolution of a marriage, the one gift has been having Kathleen Donelli to guide me. Her skill, knowledge and ability to translate the law provided the concrete understanding of how things work that is essential at such a time. Together we became collaborators in crafting the most effective plan. Above all, and with sincere gratitude, I will always value Kathleen Donelli’s capacity to personally lend of herself: This is a time in which one needs extraordinary legal skill and expertise. However, to transverse such a difficult and sometimes traumatic time emotionally requires an attorney who possesses genuine empathy, sensitivity and the emotional support on which one can rely."
- “In my experience, I found the staff at McCarthy Fingar to be compassionate and attentive during a very difficult time in my life, especially my attorney Kathleen Donelli. I also found her to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I particularly liked that she always took the time to explain things to me in layman's terms and made sure I understood everything we discussed. I would highly recommend this firm to others.”
- “The attorneys I worked with debunk all the myths and jokes about lawyers: they were very clear and to the point, honest and efficient. Equally important in a divorce case, they were empathetic and understood that this was an emotionally difficult process for me. I was never embroiled in legalese or felt confused. They answered all my questions in a very timely fashion and gave me good advice, but never pushed me. I felt I was in very capable and kind hands."
- “I found the matrimonial lawyers at McCarthy Fingar to be smart, knowledgeable and caring. They know the divorce process and its failings, and are constant in their efforts to take and hold the high ground for their clients.”
- “I was referred to McCarthy Fingar through a friend and cannot say enough good things about your law firm. . . . I highly recommend this law firm. They were courteous, efficient, professional and most important very helpful during what could have been a very difficult time.”
- “When I walked through the doors of McCarthy Fingar for the first time, I feared my impending divorce and custody battle would be the most difficult challenge of my life. With the exceptional legal expertise of Mrs. Gebhardt and her staff, I was able to secure a rock solid settlement. When I walked away from the law office of McCarthy Fingar for the final time, I was then ready to begin a new life for myself and my daughter would be raised in the home she grew up in, happy and safe. Thanks a million.”
- Going through a divorce is one of the toughest experiences in anyone’s life… to do it with competent lawyers that have impeccable knowledge of all the laws, a complete understanding of the process and system, and have the highest level of integrity, makes it so much easier. My lawyers at McCarthy Fingar took so much of the stress off of my shoulders because I knew whatever could be done… would be done and they always kept me well informed and were with me every step of the way.”
- “When I was first served with divorce papers, it seemed as if there was no light at the end of the tunnel. After reading about McCarthy Fingar’s reputation, they were my first… and last consultation. Their logic was to make the divorce process as amicable as possible, but if need be 'to fight with fire'. As the case proceeded, they employed both of these techniques, and when we were indeed forced to fight back, we were successful with 100% of our motions. The divorce was settled in record time, because of their drive and knowledge of how to do so. I have since referred several of my close friends to their firm.”
- “My attorneys at McCarthy Fingar were extremely thorough, diligent, and responsive in their handling of my case. At each step of the process, I had no doubt that everything that could be done had in fact be done to attempt to bring the case to closure as soon as possible. Overall, I felt I had the best representation possible to protect my interests.”
- "Over the past two years, my family and I have come to recognize just how fervently you believe in championing the best interests of children, and how determined you are to help judges and legislators understand the need to use the law to work toward that goal. At the same time, our family has come to recognize just how truly wise your counsel is. We have also seen how your heartfelt concern for your clients’ welfare and your extraordinary determination can prevail against significant odds."
If you think you may require the assistance of McCarthy Fingar's Matrimonial & Family Law group, please contact Kathleen Donelli by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (914-385-1010) or Dolores Gebhardt by email (email@example.com) or phone (914-385-1016).