In the Community
McCarthy Fingar prides itself on its tradition of involvement in the community and in bar associations and related activities. Our lawyers are active in civic and charitable organizations in their own communities as well as in White Plains, Westchester and in the New York Metropolitan Region. McCarthy Fingar attorneys frequently lecture and give seminars on a wide variety of legal topics to professional, trade and community groups, and have appeared as guests on local cable television programs. Scholarly and popular articles on legal topics authored by our lawyers have been published in professional journals, trade publications and business periodicals. Many of our lawyers’ seminar outlines distributed at bar association seminars, in which our attorneys are sought as speakers, are on our web site.
Since its founding, our attorneys have been active participants in bar association and related activities:
- Dolores Gebhardt, who practices in the areas of Appellate Practice, Collaborative Law, Matrimonial & Family Law, Cannabis Law and Commercial Litigation, is a past President of the Westchester Women’s Bar Association, a Vice President of the Westchester County Bar Association and a past President of the White Plains Bar Association.
- Gail M. Boggio, who practices in the areas of Charitable Gift Planning, Exempt Organizations, Mediation & Arbitration, Surrogate’s Court Litigation, Taxation and Trusts & Estates, is a past President of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York.
- Kathleen Donelli, who practices in the areas of Appellate Practice, Collaborative Law, Matrimonial & Family Law and Commercial Litigation, is a past President of the Westchester Women’s Bar Association and a past President of the White Plains Bar Association.
- Joseph P. Harrington, who practices in the areas of Commercial Finance and Real Estate Transactions, is a past President of the White Plains Bar Association .
- The late Henry J. Smith was President of the New York State Bar Association.
- Other past and present lawyers in the firm have served as President of the Westchester County Bar Association; President of the Northern Westchester Bar; Chair of the Trusts and Estates Law Section of the New York State Bar Association; Chairs of the Tax and the Trusts and Estates Law Sections of the Westchester County Bar Association; President of the White Plains Bar Association; President of the Estate Planning Council of Westchester County, Inc.; Vice President and Treasurer of the Westchester Women’s Bar Association; and Treasurer of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York.
Our lawyers are proud of their pro bono activities and of their personal efforts on behalf of numerous charitable organizations, which have included the following:
- ACDS Westchester
- American Cancer Society
- Archdiocese of New York
- Arthritis Foundation
- Blythedale Children’s Hospital
- Boy Scouts of America – Bronx Council
- Calvary Hospital
- Children’s Help Net Foundation
- Corporate Outreach
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Dominican Sisters Health Care Services
- The 52 Association for the Handicapped
- Food Bank for Westchester (f/k/a Food PATCH, Inc.)
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
- The Hudson River Museum
- Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Midnight Run
- Mount St. Ursula Speech Center
- National Kidney Foundation
- New York Cares
- Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church
- Scarsdale Child Care
- St. Bernard’s Center for Learning, Inc.
- St. Michael’s Home for the Aged in Yonkers
- Westchester Community Foundation, Inc.
- Westchester County Bar Foundation, Inc.