Gail M. Boggio co-chairs our Trusts & Estates group. She concentrates her practice in the following areas:
Prior to becoming an attorney, Gail, who is also a Certified Public Accountant, worked at national and regional accounting firms, where her practice areas included SEC reporting, banking, manufacturing and not-for-profit organizations.
By appointment from Gail Prudenti, as the then Presiding Justice in the Appellate Division, Second Department, Gail is an Article 81 Court Examiner for Westchester County, in which her duties include examining the reports of court-appointed guardians of the person and/or property of individuals determined to be incapacitated, to insure that guardians timely and accurately file reports and annual accountings as required by Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law.
Gail is an active member in bar associations both in our region and throughout New York State, and served as President of the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York from 2008-2009.
Gail has also been recognized as a New York Super Lawyer in the areas of Estate & Trust Litigation/Estate Planning & Probate/Elder Law.
Click speaking engagements for a partial list of Gail’s speaking engagements before various professional groups. Click at attorney news for items of news for Gail published on our web site.
Areas of Experience
- Estate Planning and Drafting of Wills and Trust Agreements
- Preparation of Estate, Gift and Fiduciary Tax Returns
- Surrogate’s Court Practice and Procedure, including litigation in trusts and estates matters
- Forensic accounting in estate and trust matters
- Exempt organization work, including preparation of documents incident to obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status for private foundations and public charities
- Asset Protection Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Court Examiner, Ninth Judicial District, Article 81 Guardianship Accountings
Significant Matters & Cases
Gail has litigated or settled many different types of cases in many different courts. Click at representative matters for a description of some of those cases.
Professional & Community Involvement
- President, Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, 2008-2009
- Women's Bar Association of the State of New York (Treasurer, 2005-2006; President-Elect, 2007-2008; President, 2008-2009) (Director, 2011 - )
- Treasurer, Westchester Women's Bar Association, 2003-2005
- Trusts & Estates Law Section of New York State Bar Association (Executive Committee; Vice Chair, CLE Committee)
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section of Westchester Women's Bar Association
- Member, Trusts & Estates Section of the Westchester County Bar Association (Executive Committee)
- Member, New York Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning Council of Westchester County (Director, 2015-2016)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
Publications & Seminar Outlines
Gail has written and submitted outlines for numerous Continuous Legal Education programs. Click at publications & outlines for a description of some of these written materials.
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court
If you think you may require the assistance of Gail Boggio in any matter, email (email@example.com) or phone her (914-385-1026) with any question you may have.